Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Media in my Life

So I have been sitting here observing the questions on both the media survey, and the media use inventory, and I have no idea how to answer a significant amount of them. It is entertaining how I came into the class aware that media is present everywhere, but not really understanding how omnipresent it is!! Quite honestly, I do not watch television, and I don't find reading for leisure very entertaining. Similarly, I am not a technology wiz and I do not find myself surfing the internet. So how did I manage to score so highly on this media inventory?! Well, I now appreciate the fact that I do read my textbooks before arriving to class, and I listen to music practically all of the time, in fact I am listening to music as I type. I am also what people refer to as a "movie buff." Going to the movies, renting movies, finding movies on lifetime (only when I am in desperate need), or digging through my own collection is a definite part of my life and joy of mine.

I have to admit, this class and two other classes have me challenged to find places and activities without media! In some ways I find it overwhelming, because my mind is not necessarily taking a break from class (mainly because it is all new to me). On the same note, I am going to make it a point this week to really tally how many hours a week I am exposed to the media I do use.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great!

11:24 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home