Monday, November 20, 2006

Life, Death, and the Playstation 3

So I am completely aware that I talk about video games far too much, but I experienced things this past weekend that are completely blog worthy. All of the action happened when desperately attempting to purchase the Playstation 3 and the new Nintendo Wii.

This past Friday, November 17, the Playstation 3 was released. While many had already camped out to preorder the game unit, others, like myself, were searching around the day or days prior to Friday in hopes of scoring the new system. I began my journey at Walmart in which those in line had been stationed there since Wednesday morning. As I continued to different Targets and Best Buys I noticed that mostly everyone in position to purchase the Playstation had been there since TUESDAY!!

I finally stationed myself at the Market Target in which hundreds of people waited for a lottery of which eight lucky gaming consumers could purchase the system. I really can not explain how crazy the fight was for these systems costing $600!

I personally was trying to purchase one to resell on ebay. As much as I would have loved to play on the system, I simply viewed it as tuition money.

All in all it is very interesting to see the society of which we live. People are willing to sacrifice so much time and money for a game system. On another aspect, companies like Playstation, have consumers frenzied for a unit, only releasing a total of 400,000. It is an interesting industry, and this past weekend only further reinforced that.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lilly Buchwitz said...

No blog post for last week (November 21?)

3:58 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home