Thursday, November 02, 2006

So...About Annoying Advertisements

Advertising is one of the key aspects of media. The reason for this, is a company’s ability to screen advertising on any type of media. You can advertise in magazines, on T.V., on the radio, and the list continues. While this is ideal for a company or advertiser it is many times insanely annoying for a consumer, you can’t escape them. For entertainment purposes I am going to review some of the worst aspects of Advertising through highlighting some of the most annoyingly effective advertising campaigns.

The first is the Snappelope. Right when all consumer victims thought Slim Jim could go no lower and no more annoying than the Randy Savage “Snap into a Slim Jim” campaign, they introduced a snappelope! I don’t know what this creature is, but it is scary! Perhaps it is the animal in which they get their meat? I lost sleep over those horrific commercials!

Another annoyingly effective add campaign are the Vonage ads. Woohoo woo hoo hoo…woo hoo woo hoo hoo woo hoo woo hoo woo hoo…I think I have said enough about this one! If you know what I am referring to…good luck removing song from your head!!

The worst part of this entire process is the advertisement agencies completely got what the paid for…I remember those damn commercials!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home