Wednesday, September 06, 2006

The New Buzzzz...

I was in the office today getting some work done before class, and I noticed my eyes trying ever so hard to shut. I looked away from the computer for a minute, and thought "Man...I could really go for a Rockstar." Suddenly it had me day dreaming. Maybe I feel like having a Red Bull today, I could sure use some wings. Nope, Nope…I definitely want a sugar-free No Fear instead!

There is an endless amount of energy drinks offered for any taste bud. It is unbelievable, and quite entertaining to see how far advertising, and companies, can go to promote fads. I was recently driving past a local liquor store, and noticed a billboard for the new energy drink “Hyphy.” There is another drink, decorated in a pink and catchy can called “Go Girl!” Even the name brand Von Dutch has released an energy drink! No longer are they a tasty beverage, but an accessory as well! For many, energy drinks have become the new coffee. For more, energy drinks have become the new addiction, and the companies know!

This summer I attended the Van’s Warped Tour, an all day concert, and Monster Energy Drink was a primary sponsor of the event. All around there were full and empty Monster cans. They actually had a bus set up in which you could lounge around and, for free, drink a Monster. I don’t care if you are an energy drink consumer or not, when a soda is four dollars and it is sweltering hot, you will take the free energy drink! Just like that, as Queen would say, Another One Bites the Dust!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Personally, I don't drink anything that has massive amounts of caffeine (technically, choclate has a tiny amount of caffeine, and I drink choclate milk.) And even though I don't drink them, I've tried them and can't get over how much they taste like Robitussin. Coffee has lots of caffeine too and it tastes alot better. I don't see why people just stick to that. But thats just me.

7:28 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home