Thursday, December 07, 2006

Why I Appreciate Alarm Clocks!

I think this blog calls for my sometimes disliking of technology. While technology makes our lives go far faster and more efficiently, we are far too reliant on the resource, and I am a prime example of this!! As a 21 year old college student, I use my cell phone for just about everything. I email on it, text message, listen to music, and even use it as an alarm clock. This morning I had a meeting at 9:00, and for a college student, yes, this is far earlier than I would like to wake up. As I arrived to the conference room I noticed the campus seemed emptier, but shrugged my shoulders and viewed it as college students burnt out the week before finals. I then arrived at the conference room, and thought interesting, they are always early to meetings! It was only a matter of minutes until my eyes were glued to the clock on the wall reading 8:10. I glanced at my phone, 9:10, the clock on the nearby coffee pot, 8:10. Sure enough my phone is incorrect, and I have an hour to lounge around and write about my upset tired eyes that desperately wanted that extra hour of sleep. I apologize if this blog seems substance free, but it actually has a great point…no technology can beat a good old alarm clock. Another way to look at the situation…at least satellites didn’t have it going an hour late!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home